November 16, 2022
SEO Vs PPC: Choosing the Best for Your Business
Competition in the digital world is at an all-time high as brands jockey for internet traffic, leads, and conversions. Now more than ever, the need to have a digital presence has gone into hyper-drive for most, if not all, industries.
To be successful during this hyper-active market, you will need to master a digital marketing strategy that best suits your business. There are two foundational options you can use, either search engine optimization or pay-per-click advertising. The question is, do you use both or is one better than the other?
The Benefits of PPC & How It Provides Success
- Prime Positioning: using paid search places your content into the perfect position on the page results. On desktop, consumers are going to see anywhere between two and four ads, while those on mobile will see three. Your paid searches will appear at the top of the page, placing them directly in the path of your audience.
- Fast & Targeted: paid search is easy to use to get in front of your customers, fast. You can also use it to target your audience by geography, device, age, language, or other relevant keywords. You can also target specific groups within a larger mass to bring higher gains to your business.
- Easy to Design: creating a paid search campaign is easy to do and can be ramped up within a few weeks. If your potential customers are willing to make purchases now, then it can be an effective and easy tool to get the results you seek.
- Allows the Use of Visual Cues: paid search allows you to make use of visual shopping ads which is great for e-commerce companies selling products. Visual ads on Google are an effective way for your consumers to click-through to the product.
- More Space to Work With: the ad sections at the top of Google’s search results provides more space for you to get your advertising message across. You can display prices, site links, and descriptions with ease.
- Your Budget is Controlled: with paid search, you control how much of a budget you have and where it goes too.
- Well Managed AdWords Brings Higher ROI: if you track, manage, and match your keywords in detail, you can remove ones that aren’t working well for you to gain a higher return on investment over time. Removing junk search terms allows you to refine those that are working for you.
- Track & Test: there are numerous ways you can test and track your paid search results. Call-to-action buttons, split-test ads, and landing pages give you valuable information and insight.
The Benefits of Organic SEO & Why It Is Beloved in e-Commerce?
While there is a lot of speed, tracking, and results with PPC, organic SEO is still beloved and here is why.
- Visibility & Awareness: using targeted keywords will help you gain higher visibility in search engine results. This drives brands awareness as it gets you in front of their eyes.
- Boosts to Brand Image: if you are solving a consumers’ informational or commercial issues, any search term within these categories will plant your brand on top of the search results. This can help you boost your brand’s image and give you an authoritative voice.
- Credibility: many users will skip clicking on paid ads completely, especially if they see it as having no benefit to them. Building visibility through organic SEO provides you with a strong reputation and higher credibility.
- Higher Click-Through-Rates: if users are skipping out on clicking paid ads, they are more likely to click-through on organic results. This gives a clear advantage to brands that use organic SEO to advertise.
- A Larger Canvas to Work With: with organic search engine optimization, you can promote and work with every single area of your website. This gives you a much larger canvas to work with and more content to advertise. A larger canvas creates the potential for bigger gains.
- Provides a Major Edge Over Competitors: while organic SEO is not the easier strategy to work with, it does give you a major advantage over your competitors. You can establish your business as credible, authoritative, and visible which competitors cannot take away from you.
So, Which One Do You Choose?
You can strike up a balance and use both in unison with one another to make up for what the other one lacks. Paid search will get you precision accuracy and control over what is seen, when. Organic SEO though will boost branding, leverage search terms for longevity, and is less expensive to implement.
Paid search is fast, flexible, and effective at getting eyes on your ads. Organic SEO takes time to show results and requires a team to implement it and optimize it. Both have their value, and both perform different roles within the ecommerce space. Striking the right balance between them can do wonders for your web traffic, conversions, and visibility.
Here at Digital Space Marketing, we specialize in creating custom strategies using complementary channels, services, and initiatives designed specifically for your business. Get in touch with us today to get started!